Kata Kata ceramic dish - Mandrill
- Kata Kata is brand created by Japanese textile designers
- The animal characters have been created as range of Ceramic plates by Kurashiki Design.
- Animals in the range: Albatross, Baboon, Bear, Bison, Cat, Whale, Wolf.
- Some animals come in different size and colourway
- Mandrill: Grey, Brown
- Ships from Japan: Choose Japan Post Standard or Express when ordering
Kata Kata is the brand created by two textile designers Takeshi Matsunaga and Chie Takai, based in Tokyo. Their distinct animal characters - whales, orangutan, bears, bird and hyena – are formed from simple linework and a minimal colour palette screen printed onto fabrics using the traditional katazome technique. Their popularity has led to a range of stationery - cards and letters.
Kurashiki Design Planning company makers of homewares with a quirky, fun aesthetic, have worked with Kata Kata to create a ceramics range. The distinct animal characters have been transformed into a series of small ceramic dishes maintaining their naïve, hand-drawn style.