Cohana SS 2022 Awaji Kawara Magnetic Needle Rest with Needle Polisher
A new addition to the Cohana collection - a ceramic needle rest, with needle polisher to sharpen your needles.
These are a reference to the Awaji Kawara ceramic tile making method.
Awaji Island in Hygoo Prefecture has rich soil used to make roof tiles. These needle rest are made by the artisans of Irakato who make the roof tiles.
The practice of making Awaji Kawara tiles dates back to 1610, when the first roof tiles were made for castles. Different techniques resulted in different colours and finishes. These needle rests were made in the Awaji Kawara method applied for ceramic roof tiles which are glazed and fired.
There is a magnet inside each needle rest. There is a small hole which is a needle polisher. This smooths the point allowing it to slip easily in and out of the cloth.
* The dimensions shown are for reference only. There may be a discrepancy with the actual product dimensions.
- Pottery is water-absorbent, and even with the same technique, the baking may differ due to the effects of climate, soil, and natural minerals contained in the glaze. Please enjoy it as a texture.
- Please use it away from things that are affected by magnetism, such as personal computers, mobile phones, and electronic devices.
- Stainless steel needles may not be attached.
- If darkening or dirt adheres to the needle and the cloth does not pass easily, polish the needle.
- Excessive needle polishing may cause scratches and rust on the needle, so do it as necessary.
- Please note that short needles may get inside the needles and needles. The synthetic leather on the bottom may cause discoloration or stains if it gets wet with water or sweat.
- Please note that dropping it or giving it a shock may cause damage.
- Keep out of reach of infants.