Cohana Iida Mizuhiki Sewing Pins
Four new colourways of our popular Mizuhiki knot headed pins.
Each set comes in 3 sewing pins, shades of the same colour group - Greens, Blues, Yellows, Pinks.
The steel and nickel pins are manufactured in Hiroshima, a city with a 300 year history of high quality needle production. Strict quality controls ensure s that pins are of uniform thickness and length and pierce cloth with ease.
The head of the pins are decorated with a Mizuhiki knot. In Japan Mizuhiki is essential when giving formal gifts, where a present is wrapped with the appropriate type of Mizuhiki. The gift-sender can express their sentiments by their choice of color, number of cords and tying method depending on the occasion. Mizuhiki not only indicates that a gift is unopened, it also has a meaning of prayer in Japanese culture. Though the knot is made from paper, it cannot be cut or untied easily, and so it symbolizes the strength of connection between people and their hearts.
* The dimensions shown are for reference only. There may be a discrepancy with the actual product dimensions.
- The waiting needles are manufactured by hand one by one. Please note that the size and pattern may vary.
- The head may come off if you pull hard.
- Due to the characteristics of the paper, Mizuhiki may have faintness, but please enjoy it as a texture.
- Since it is made of paper, it may fade, discolor, or deform due to water wetting, rubbing, humidity, or ultraviolet rays.
- Please note that the head is sensitive to heat and may be damaged if it is brought close to heat such as an iron.
- After use, wipe off sweat and grease to prevent rust.
- The needle tip is sharp and dangerous, so be careful not to lose or handle the needle.
- Please note that if you use it for anything other than sewing, it may cause damage or injury.
- Keep out of reach of infants.