SOLD OUT Cohana Winter Gold 2020 - Mini scissors of Seki and Shigaraki ware button magnet
- A gift set made from our most popular sewing items in the Winter Gold 2020 Limited Edition release.
- Mini Scissors from Seki + Button magnet from Shigaraki ware + parquet pin.
- Mini scissors designed as tiny thread snips for needlework and embroidery (not thick yarns or wool).
- Winter Gold 2020 Limited Edition release items finished in a creamy beige, Scissors accessorised with white and gold tassle and cream leather sheaf.
- Gift box weighs 50 g
- Gift box measures: W 76mm x H 31mm x D 76mm
Mini Scissors of Seki
These mini-scissors were created by Hasegawa Cutlery, a manufacturer of edged tools established in 1933 and located in Seki, Gifu Prefecture, Japan's foremost cutlery-making town.
You can cut with these scissors by gripping them with your fingers and pinching lightly.
Length: 35mm from tip of blade to base of finger pincers.
Magnetic button made of Shigaraki Ware
Shigaraki ware pottery with a button motif, made by Meizan Gama, a ceramics manufaturer founded in 1622 in Kok, Shiga Prefecture. Shigaraki ware is distinguised by it's earthy charm, which conveys a sense of simplicity and robustness. It's profoundly fascinating look has a connection with the spirit of "wabi-sabi" (the beauty of natural imperfection), and it has produced countless masterpiece tea utensils.
The skilled craftspeople at Meizan Gama continue to create works with warmth. with the living thing that is the earth firmly within their view. Great care has been put into the application of the glaze and the choice and use of firing methods, so that you can feel the warmth of both the earth and humanity emanate from within these small butoons.
Magnets are inserted in the buttons, allowing you to use these items as small pin cushions when you want to give your needles a rest. They can also be used as paperclip holders or decorative magnets, or even enjoyed as interior ornaments or stationery items that add color to your living space.