Needle sets: Needles for thin to ordinary cloth
- Made for thin to ordinary cloth
- Set of 8 needles
- Made by Meboso, long regarded as the best quality needle makers
- Encased in paper board tube with tassels symbolic of the Kanazawa seamstresses
- Specifically made to be strong and move smoothly through fabric
- 2 units of each No. 4-1, No. 4-2, No. 4-3, No. 3-2
The 430 year tradition of needle making by Meboso has long been respected by the sewing industry of Kanazawa for their superior quality steel needles. The unique characteristic of their needles is the ability to pierce with little contact with the fabric, made possible because of its vertically polished surface.
By adding extra strength to these delicate needles they have been made to smoothly slide through fabric. The needle was an important work tool for these seamstresses, and it is said that they valued their needles by encasing them in hand-sewn bags or placing them in a container which hung from their necks, so they wouldn’t get lost.
Their story has inspired Cohana to place extra consideration into choosing packaging. Cohana decided to use paper board tubes created by Aichi Shikan Seizosho, a company which produces many paper tube spools, with quality tassels attached from manufacturer Kanagawa’s silk and gold threads.
There are two types: for thin to normal fabric (gold stripe packaging) and for thick fabric (silver stripe packaging) like a denim or heavy drill cotton.